REVIEWS OF organicMD

"After visiting your website, I'd like to send you my best compliment: your medical Weltanschauung is based entirely on the greatest LOVE: love for life, mankind, diet, and medicine. An old Indian proverb says: 'There are a thousand suns above the clouds.' This evening I saw a really wonderful one. Un saluto dall'Italia."
- MD, Author and Researcher - Italy

"Thanks, Dr. Mann. This is a very helpful resource."
- PhD, Director, Medical Industry Leadership Institute - U.S.

"Thank you for informing me of your website. I can see it will have high value for people grappling with health problems and the side-effects of the pharmaceuticals they are often prescribed. I also like your philosophy on health, which appears to be based on eating and living according to what is natural for humans."
- PhD in Health Economics - U.K.

"Superb site! What an amazing story too. I wish there were more physicians like you."
- Clinical Nutritionist - South Africa

"Thank you very much for making me aware of your wonderful website. It is natural medicine for the mind and the body. I have read a lot from the history of science in many special collections throughout Germany. Books that had not been opened for decades. I found that there is a tradition of quality in the great writings, to come to the point of what is really important. I have found this quality in your writings. There is nothing more important in life than to live well."
- PhD in Cultural Anthropology - Germany

"Great site. This is the kind of wisdom that real doctors who take their mission and responsibility seriously try to integrate into their patient care."
- MD, Clinical Instructor in Ambulatory Care and Prevention - U.S.

"For personal interests and upon your request, I have just reviewed your website and find it personally interesting, informative, and very different from anything else I've run across. With your permission I'd like to share it with colleagues and staff in my department. I'm sure others will find it as enlightening and informative as I do. Thank you for sending it to us and your efforts to educate and enhance the welfare of others."
- Health Writer and Editor, National Institutes of Health - U.S.

"Well said, Hugh. You think like a philosopher. I have read your aphorisms and learnt much from them. I also reject conventional medicine and take care of my own health. I hope we meet one day. Pax tibi."
- PhD, Professor of Philosophy - Pakistan and U.S.

"Truly superb. If humanity could implement your good advice we might live in the Garden of Eden rather than in the present hell."
- PhD, Professor of Evolutionary Biology - Israel

"Yours is an excellent website, with an authoritative but gentle tone and healthful message."
- Publisher, The Green Guide - U.S.

"Your website is interesting and informative, along with being well-designed and easy to navigate. I think your overall message is an important one for people to learn: that while pharmaceuticals have a significant role in healthcare, they are not the whole solution. Clean air, pure water, organic food, and the avoidance of toxins and addictions, as you explain, are key to good health. You list many practical, how-to solutions for people; I was particularly impressed by the depth of research that clearly informed your LOVE diet. This site will certainly prove useful to many people seeking to improve their lives and their health, especially patients suffering from chronic conditions that traditional medicine has not effectively addressed."
- MD, PhD Professor of Social Medicine - U.S.

"Well done for trying to talk some sense into the world."
- PhD, Professor of Public Health - Hong Kong

"Thanks Hugh. What you are doing is quite wonderful and I believe will be the norm and accepted practice soon. I work two days a week as a nurse (to support my freelance journalism habit) and am still confounded by the number of medications elderly people must take in nursing homes. It's quite horrific, and many nurses have been upset about this for years, I know. Your diets and other wisdoms are so right - I just wish you all the best for all your good work."
- Nurse and Journalist - Australia

"Thanks for the excellent material on health. I'm an organic farmer and gardener, so I know what you're talking about and practice much of it. Everything you wrote is so simple and logical that it is incontrovertible, and thus qualifies as truth."
- State Representative - U.S.

"Fun and wise. Thank you."
- Director, Alternative Medicine Foundation - U.S.

"What a splendid fund of common sense in your website! We've all become so conditioned to looking for quick fixes that, as you suggest, we ignore the solution which is right under our collective nose (or on our breakfast table): if we want a healthy life we should eat healthy food. Thank you so much - I'm forwarding a link to your site to several friends."
- Radio Journalist - U.K.

"Love it! I will use your website in my class - I teach a course in complementary medicine."
- PhD in Medical Anthropology - U.S.

"I found your website extremely useful and knowledgeable. I also found it very simple, the way our food and life should be. Technology sometimes makes things complex as it has done to our food, resulting in the abundance of canned, frozen and altered foods, and consequently depriving us of natural fresh produce. Having a Ph.D. in nutritional biochemistry and ten years of research and publications in this area, I try to practice holistic nutrition in my daily life. I found your LOVE diet very useful. If we are to follow this LOVE diet, I do not see why we will not live a healthy life with a strong body."
- PhD in Nutritional Biochemistry - India

"I love your website and am going to send it out to several friends who I think would benefit from it. Thanks for all you do."
- Journalist - U.S.

"I found your site both informed and informative, allowing the reader to draw conclusions without being subjected to hype. I also found it easy to navigate and that is a huge plus. I especially appreciate the link between public health and personal health, particularly the link between health and human behavior. Your overall message resonates with me, and I think nurses would find it pretty consistent with their own beliefs about health as not merely the absence of disease and disability. I agree that biomedicine can be curative and life saving, but I am increasingly alarmed at the selective 'marketing' of biomedical interventions, particularly (as you note) surgeries and pharmaceuticals, while so few resources are expended on solving solvable health problems."
- PhD APRN, Professor Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing - U.S.

"Thank you, I checked out your website. My two younger brothers are MDs, and I wish they had your insight and courage."
- Chiropractor and Author - U.S.

"Your site is an excellent resource."
- The Survivors Art Foundation

"Thank you for letting me know about your very interesting website. I think it is very clear and important, and I am sad that very few people in my country understand English. We very badly need a site like yours here too - but in Portuguese."
- Health Services Planner - Brazil

"You have a nice refreshing and encouraging outlook on food."
- Friends of the Earth - U.K.

"Excellent. Well done."
- Food Safety Expert - U.S.

"Your material is delightful and informative, and I LOVE your LOVE Diet. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for over 30 years, and it feels right. I think you have something that will appeal to the public."
- DMD, MD - U.S.

"I like your website and wish more MDs would catch on, or maybe I should say, be brave enough to step out of the mold."
- Nurse and Organic Farmer - U.S.

"Wonderful website! I enjoyed spending time on it."
- Holistic Dentist - U.S.

"Your information is simple and concise. As an RN natural health practitioner, I totally concur with you. Life has become too complex on many levels. You have achieved an altruistic, information-rich site."
- Nurse - Australia

"Thanks for leading me to your wonderful site. I particularly loved your LOVE diet and your own bio. Your site is clean, easy to navigate, and most of all, full of how-to's. I do wish your site wide publicity and success. It's a noble endeavour."
- Good News India - India

"I thought your website was very nicely organized, easy to navigate, and attractive in appearance. In addition, your website was very accessible so that folks with disabilities who use assistive technology could enjoy your site. Keep up the good work."
- National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation - U.S.

"Thanks for sharing your site. I enjoyed your poems - they're funny, beautiful, and touching. I'll be sure to check the site from time to time to see what else is posted."
- PhD in Clinical Psychology - U.S.

"I read your letter to the editor, 'Society and Superiority,' in BMJ (British Medical Journal). It's the best I've seen lately - a doctor admitting the truth, instead of the patient."
- Nurse - U.K.

"I like your website and your ideas. Many of your ideas seem familiar to me. Eating well takes some experience and skill, but mostly it takes love to cook tasty nutritious food for yourself. Thanks for writing!"
- MD, Family Practice - U.S.

"My sister-in-law in California sent your website to me. After reading your website, I decided to change my diet. In Beijing, I found organic vegetables and eggs, but sometimes I doubt whether they are really organic. But there is not much choice in Beijing. There's a lot of air pollution here, and they use toxic chemicals to make food look pretty and fresh. They even sell fake eggs, made to look like real eggs. I told my friends in Beijing and Hong Kong that we need to eat organic food, but they thought I was too sensitive about food. But my sister-in-law and I both believe that an organic diet is best. We are sending your website to all our friends. Thank you for your useful information."
- Wife and Mother - China

"Your website is great and you should be congratulated."
- Holistic Dentist - Australia

"I want to let you know that there are many of us out here that agree with your personal practice. I find myself now living in an area with a huge percentage of obesity, hypertension, diabetes, and kidney disease, and this includes many healthcare workers. I speak to all my patients regarding self-care and nutrition, fresh air and exercise, but I see many on a return basis with no change in habits. Many of my co-workers are beginning to ask me questions regarding nutrition, and why I put so much thought into my diet. This is a good sign. I have a goal to promote more community and family education, and I have started in a small way with my ICU patients and families. I was happy to read your information, and I am sure you are reaching many minds out there."
- Nurse - U.S.